Monday, October 8, 2012

The Gun Show


Yes, the name of this bouldering comp was actually "The Gun Show".




This was my first comp in a few years.  I had been climbing well so I took a chance a competed in the Advanced division (it goes Recreational, Intermediate, Advanced, Elite).  I placed in the middle of the division, which I was really happy about, since I could barely touch an Adv problem in past comps.  This video is the problems I scored.  The highlight for me was the last problem, in the Elite division.  I definitely grant that it was an easy Elite level problem, but I was really psyched anyway.  Way above the level of any comp problem I used to pull.

The best part is that Amanda guest pass came with a raffle ticket that won me this: 


It's a hang board called the "BeastMaker 2000". This finely crafted wood torture device includes many tiny finger pockets and slopers that are sure to make me insanely strong for the next comp!

As always, thanks to Amanda for her fine camera work and moral support.

Music by The Roots: Guns Are Drawn and Take It There



No comments:

Post a Comment